The unexpected happened and I am going to try and share within the weeks to come. My heart is aching, but I don’t want to be disconnected or isolated. I need to share my story to help others or to say you are not alone. So just bare with me as I process and put together my story.
My birthday was in April, but I figured it was still early enough to this. A few years back I blogged about 30 things Ive learned after turning 30. Well, now I am 35 years old. I thought it was time to reflect again on a few things I’ve learned over the course of a few years. Here we go.
- Pick your battles. I’ve heard this phrase used before. But never really understood until I got married. I realized that it can be used in any form of relationships. Whether with friends or family, or your spouse, pick the battles you want to fight. Or think are worth fighting for. You better really think about it too. Not every battle is worth fighting for.
- Don’t judge. Seriously. Just don’t. Trust me it’s so easy to make judgement calls on people. You might never know the full story or picture of what is really going on. At the end of the day everyone is struggling in one way or another. Even if you are “silently judging”. It’s not good for the heart or spirit.
- I could give a crap about studies and statistics sometimes. Especially being a parent you want to give your child the best. But honestly, going with your gut instinct is always the best. As well as prayer and asking God for wisdom. I’m sorry, but sometimes I’m tired and I go over the allotted “screen time” that we should let our kids have.
- Don’t wait for people to buy you flowers. If you like flowers then go buy them. I actually learned this from two of my close friends.
- I will always be my parents kid. I mean this in a very loving and endearing why.
- It’s ok to start over.
- I don’t need to watch or hear the news.
- I don’t need to be on facebook.
- I do like online communities, and instagram and hopefully wordpress can help in that area.
- I didn’t realize 35 was going to be a lot.
- I really grew to love donuts like never before.
- Blaze pizza has been life for me.
- I’m actually really good at my job.
- I really like burning certain oils. aka aromatherapy.
- I’m kinda over Dr Who.
- I’ve been binge watching Sons of Anarchy.
- I’m learning to rediscover myself as a person again.
- I’m a good friend.
- I really enjoy reading the bible and getting revelation from God.
- I’m slowly discovering and renewing my faith.
- Don’t share your opinions or your dreams with just anyone.
- Sometimes it’s better to stay quiet and listen.
- It’s ok to talk things through. Even when you disagree.
- I’ve learning to have confrontations.
- I am strong.
- Sometimes I have to just let my 2 year old cry it out. Especially when he passes a certain threshold of emotions.
- Sometimes all I need to do is be firm with my voice in regards to disciplining my 2 year old.
- Sometimes I just need to physically remove him from a situation.
- Give lots of hugs and kisses to those you love.
- Find time for your friends.
- Find time for yourself.
- It’s ok to let yourself go for a period.
- But don’t let yourself go for too long.
- If you a cycle of negativity, try your hardest to break it. And sometimes that takes some humility and forgiveness.
- I am an all day person.
So this is what I’ve learned. Anything resonate with you?
I am slowly working on my blog and how I want to reach out to a community or find a community. I love the layout, easy customization, and flexibility with SquareSpace. I am lacking community. I will slowly be merging both sites together. For now I will be cross posting my blog and all photos will stay on my site via squarespace.
I hope this way I can reach more people and also find other blogs to follow and interact with. I really miss that.